There is no end to the type of activities open to you when staying in Alyth. For the more energetic you can:
• Walk the Cateran Trail, or many other local walks.
• Cycle many routes both on and off road.
• Golf enthusiasts will find three courses right on their doorstep, with around another 60 within an hours drive of the cottage.
• Skiing is available, when snow permits at Spittal of Glenshee 25 miles away.
• Fishing on the river Ericht , Isla and many more in the area.
• Horse riding can be had in Glen Isla at the Glenmarkie Riding Centre
Other activities for the less energetic include:
• Distilleries – there are 5 in Perthshire for you to visit.
• Castles – Visit Glamis, which was home to the Queen Mother during childhood or Scone Palace, the crowning place of Scottish Kings.
• Wildlife – take a Highland Safari Adventure and see the wildlife up close in their own surroundings.
• With Perth and Dundee within 30 minutes drive, or the larger cities of Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow within 1 ½ hours drive –take yourself away for a days shopping or sightseeing!
• Airports can be found nearby at Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow; Railway stations are located at Dundee & Perth.
Find out about all activities/places
of interest in Perthshire
Perthshire countryside activities
Activities/places on interest
Relive Scottish history
Historic Buildings and Castles
Highland Adventure Safaris
High quality handmade gifts, fresh home baking & local produce.
The Famous Grouse Distillery at Crieff
V&A museum in Dundee
Waterfront development project
Golf in Alyth -1 ½ miles
Golf in Aylth- 2 miles
Golf in Alyth – 1 ½ miles
Golf in Alyth – 7 miles
Information on booking courses
Skiing at Spittal of Glenshee
Horse riding Centre
Walkhighlands provide a superb free service for our visitors to help you find walks all over Scotland
At the Walkhighlands website you can print out free Ordnance Survey maps, read descriptions and view photos for over 1,100 walking routes as well as download walks to your GPS. Walkhighlands exists to help you get the most out of your trip. Just click on the Walkhighlands logo and off you go!